Admissions & Reintegration Worker – Central Liverpool
35 hrs/wk (Mon to Fri)
The Action on Addiction Community Recovery programme in Liverpool is designed to help people with drug and alcohol problems receive abstinence-based treatment while residing in the community.
This role will require you to:
• Support the Case Management Lead in undertaking referral and assessment work for our SHARP programme (Self Help Addiction Recovery Programme); as well as
• Co-ordinate client reintegration into the community while they are in the SHARP and Continuing Care Programmes
We are looking for candidates with:
• Demonstrable experience of working within a community or residential substance misuse treatment service for a minimum of 2 years
• Ideally a recognised qualification appropriate for this role (eg NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care), or actively working towards it
• Ideally a working knowledge of the 12-step, SMART and ITEP programmes, as well as experience of carrying out needs and risk assessments
• Importantly, the ability to be empathetic with clients, whilst at the same time maintaining clear professional boundaries, with a non-judgemental attitudes towards clients and their families
View the job description and person specification here
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be subject to a DBS Check.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 27 October 2019
Healthcare Assistant (Nights)
£8.21/hr to £8.63/hr (+ shift enhancements)
We are looking for a Healthcare Assistant who holds the Care Certificate or the Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2 to join our team.
- Checking blood pressure
- Observing clients taking their medication & witnessing the dispensing of controlled drugs
- Liaising with the kitchen about client requirements for food
- Urine testing/drug screening and alcohol testing
- Maintaining adequate linen supplies
- Cleaning and preparing bed spaces with an awareness of infection control issues
- Previous experience of working as a healthcare assistant is essential
- Knowledge and previous experience of working with addictions is not essential – training will be provided
- Salaries are reflective of qualifications and experience & performance.
- Opportunity to gain the Diploma in Health & Social Care level 3, after a successful probation period.
We have free parking, a subsidised canteen and an 8% non-contributory pension.
Follow these links to the Job Description and Person Specification above.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to the Human Resources Team at email@example.com
This role will be subject to a DBS Check.
Housekeeping and Laundry Assistants
Clouds House, East Knoyle (North of Shaftesbury) and The Manor House, Warminster
We have vacancies for housekeeping and laundry assistants offering flexible hours – part-time (7-14 hrs/week).Start and finish times can fit around school hours.
The work includes laundry washing and ironing, and cleaning offices, bedrooms and bathrooms to our high standards. You may on occasions be asked to assist with food preparation and washing up.
No previous experience is necessary as training will be given – although having worked as a cleaner or domestic assistant elsewhere - perhaps in a care home - would be an advantage.
You must though:
• Have high standards of cleanliness and take pride in your work
• Be enthusiastic and cheerful
• Be a hard worker who is prepared to roll up your sleeves and help out
• Have empathy with the work of Action on Addiction
In return you will join a team of dedicated, caring staff where you will have a positive impact on the experience of our residents by ensuring that the domestic environment is spotless, safe and welcoming.
Download job descriptions and person specification here.
The positions are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, and an enhanced criminal record check will be carried out.
If you are interested in applying please submit your CV with a short covering letter/email explaining:
- why you are interested in the role
- what hours you would be interested in working
- what qualities you think you have
Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org .