Full-time (consideration will be given to part-time/flexible working arrangements)
Location: East Knoyle, Wiltshire, SP3 6BE
Action on Addiction is looking for an experienced Finance Controller to help the charity move forward with our plans to grow over the next five years through a combination of business and fundraising activity. With a focus on effective collaboration with operational managers, the role will involve the day to day leadership of the finance team and adopting a forward-planning approach to the charity’s financial processes and accounts, This is a key leadership position which reports to the Chief Executive, with additional reporting to the charity’s Honorary Treasurer, and Chair of our Finance and Risk Committee. The post holder will also be a member of the heads of service group.
- Oversight of all the charity’s (and associated company) accounts and investments
- Cash flow management
- Assurance in relation to financial systems and reporting mechanisms
- Creation of monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Development of budgets and financial plans for the charity (and associated companies) based on research, data reports and close liaison with heads of service and line directors
- Provision of advice to the Board of Trustees, Finance and Risk Committee, Chief Executive, and executive leadership team on all relevant financial matters so as to optimise the charity’s financial performance.
Key requirements for the role
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) and educated to degree level. S/he will have substantial and demonstrable knowledge, understanding and experience of:
- financial systems
- financial analysis and planning
- budgeting and forecasting
- financial reporting requirements as they apply to charities
- corporate risk management
- B2B and B2C environments
- Microsoft Office applications (particularly Microsoft Excel).
In addition, we are looking for a leader – a very effective communicator – who is outcome driven, and works collaboratively at all levels to achieve results. Previous experience in the health and social care sector would be advantageous. Candidates must also demonstrate a willingness to embrace and promote the charity’s mission to help ever more people affected by addiction and challenge the stigma associated with it.
How to apply
For a detailed role specification please visit www.actiononaddiction.org.uk or to discuss the position please phone Vicky Whitworth, HR Director on 01747 832039.
To apply, please email your CV - together with a covering letter setting out why you are suitable for this role - to email@example.com no later than September 9, 2019.
35 hrs per week (various shifts as per rota)
£8.21/hr to £8.63/hr (+ shift enhancements)
We are looking for a Healthcare Assistant who holds the Care Certificate or the Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2 to join our team.
- Checking blood pressure
- Observing clients taking their medication & witnessing the dispensing of controlled drugs
- Liaising with the kitchen about client requirements for food
- Urine testing/drug screening and alcohol testing
- Maintaining adequate linen supplies
- Cleaning and preparing bed spaces with an awareness of infection control issues
- Previous experience of working as a healthcare assistant is essential
- Knowledge and previous experience of working with addictions is not essential – training will be provided
- Salaries are reflective of qualifications and experience & performance.
- Opportunity to gain the Diploma in Health & Social Care level 3, after a successful probation period.
We have free parking, a subsidised canteen and an 8% non-contributory pension.
Follow these links to the Job Description and Person Specification above.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to the Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be subject to a DBS Check.
Housekeeping and Laundry Assistants
Clouds House, East Knoyle (North of Shaftesbury) and The Manor House, Warminster
We have vacancies for housekeeping and laundry assistants offering flexible hours – this could be full-time (35 hours/week) or part-time (7-14 hrs/week).Start and finish times can fit around school hours.
The work includes laundry washing and ironing, and cleaning offices, bedrooms and bathrooms to our high standards. You may on occasions be asked to assist with food preparation and washing up.
No previous experience is necessary as training will be given – although having worked as a cleaner or domestic assistant elsewhere - perhaps in a care home - would be an advantage.
You must though:
• Have high standards of cleanliness and take pride in your work
• Be enthusiastic and cheerful
• Be a hard worker who is prepared to roll up your sleeves and help out
• Have empathy with the work of Action on Addiction
In return you will join a team of dedicated, caring staff where you will have a positive impact on the experience of our residents by ensuring that the domestic environment is spotless, safe and welcoming.
Download job descriptions and person specification here.
The positions are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, and an enhanced criminal record check will be carried out.
If you are interested in applying please submit your CV with a short covering letter/email explaining:
- why you are interested in the role
- what hours you would be interested in working
- what qualities you think you have
Please send this to email@example.com prior to the closing date of Tuesday 24 September 2019.