This is an important and exciting time to be joining Action on Addiction as we work with our partners and funders to reach more individuals and families affected by addiction. Apply for an existing vacancy or let our HR team know that you have an interest in joining us in the future.
Admissions & Reintegration Worker – Central Liverpool
Salary: £19,890 pa
Hours of work: 35 hrs/wk
The Action on Addiction Community Recovery programme in Liverpool is designed to help people with drug and alcohol problems receive abstinence-based treatment while residing in the community.
This role will require you to:
• Support the Case Management Lead in undertaking referral and assessment work for our SHARP programme (Self Help Addiction Recovery Programme); as well as
• Co-ordinate client reintegration into the community while they are in the SHARP and Continuing Care Programmes
We are looking for candidates with:
• Demonstrable experience of working within a community or residential substance misuse treatment service for a minimum of 2 years
• Must have a recognised qualification appropriate for this role (eg NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care), or actively working towards it
• A working knowledge or clear understanding of the 12-step, SMART and ITEP programmes, as well as experience of carrying out needs and risk assessments within a substance misuse setting
• Importantly, the ability to be empathetic with clients, whilst at the same time maintaining clear professional boundaries, with a non-judgemental attitudes towards clients and their families