(Based at the Brink, Liverpool)
Permanent, full time (35 hrs/wk to include some weekend and evening hours as per the rota)
Salary: Up to £21,000 pa
We are looking to recruit a Recovery Practitioner to join our well-established and highly regarded Treatment Team, providing outreach work to people with drugs and alcohol problems as part of our Brink of Change programme. This role is primarily based at The Brink, Liverpool, but will also travel to Community Hubs in Liverpool.
• Proactively engaging with and delivering support to clients considering abstinence
• Preparing clients for admission into the SHARP programme (Self Help Addiction Recovery Programme) and assist in the delivery of the Brink of Change programme
• Assisting individuals to explore and plan for a positive lifestyle with access to a range of opportunities that best meet their needs and that support reintegration with their local community.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
• Has previous experience of working in a substance misuse setting or has personal experience of substance misuse
• Is a positive team worker, able to work in a structured way
• Has the ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with clients, understand safeguarding and the requirement to adhere to policies and procedures in the delivery of the work
Download the job description here
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be subject to a DBS Check
Flexible working with self-rostering
This is a full-time position working 35 hours per week, however we will consider applications for candidates looking for part-time working.
Our friendly and supportive nursing team are looking for a registered nurse with post registration experience to join us to support our highly rewarding and transformative work, within our small medical facility.
- Admitting clients into treatment
- Administering medication
- Managing detoxification and observation of unwell clients
- Keeping accurate and timely client records
- Attending daily meetings and handing over information to other team members
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals
- You will have a minimum of two years post-registration experience.
- Knowledge and previous experience of working with addictions is not essential – training will be provided.
- You have a passion for learning and have a willingness to study for the RCGP Drug and Alcohol qualification (fully funded)
• Flexible rotas covering days, middle shifts nights and weekends
• Enhanced rates for working after 9pm and at weekends. This is in addition to your basic salary
• Free parking
• Fresh home cooked meals served everyday by our onsite catering team.
• 8% non-contributory pension.
• Excellent support within a very friendly team environment
• Career and professional development
Please view the job description here.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
If you would prefer an informal chat in the first instance, please contact 01747 830733 (our main reception) and ask to speak to Alex Askew.
Closing date for applications: 19 February 2021
Full time (35 hrs/wk)
£23,000 to £25,488 pa (depending on experience)
The Action on Addiction Community Recovery programme in Liverpool is designed to help people with drug and alcohol problems receive abstinence-based treatment while residing in the community. We are looking to recruit a counsellor to join our well-established and highly regarded team to deliver our structured day care programme
We are looking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and flexible individual to work as part of our professional Counselling Team and this role will require you:
- Deliver the SHARP programme (Self Help Addiction Recovery Programme) and our Contining Care programme to a high quality, enabling clients to complete treatment and sustain abstinence
- Facilitate group therapy sessions, including interpersonal and step groups
- Conduct one to one counselling and case management sessions
- Set therapeutic assignments
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has a counselling qualification at Level 4 or above
- Has strong experience of delivering effective counselling to people affected by substance misuse or mental health
- Can demonstrate the ability to work with groups and has knowledge or experience of delivering interpersonal group therapy
- Can build positive relationships with clients, other team members and external professionals
View the job description and person specification here.
Please note that, due to Covid-19, this role will currently be working remotely from home. The successful applicant will ideally need access to a laptop and some experience or ability to facilitate group-work and individual therapy sessions over Zoom.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be subject to a DBS Check.