This is an important and exciting time to be joining Action on Addiction as we work with our partners and funders to reach more individuals and families affected by addiction. Apply for an existing vacancy or let our HR team know that you have an interest in joining us in the future.
35 hrs per week (various shifts as per rota)
£8.21/hr to £8.63/hr (+ shift enhancements)
We are looking for a Healthcare Assistant who holds the Care Certificate or the Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2 to join our team.
- Checking blood pressure
- Observing clients taking their medication & witnessing the dispensing of controlled drugs
- Liaising with the kitchen about client requirements for food
- Urine testing/drug screening and alcohol testing
- Maintaining adequate linen supplies
- Cleaning and preparing bed spaces with an awareness of infection control issues
- Previous experience of working as a healthcare assistant is essential
- Knowledge and previous experience of working with addictions is not essential – training will be provided
- Salaries are reflective of qualifications and experience & performance.
- Opportunity to gain the Diploma in Health & Social Care level 3, after a successful probation period.
We have free parking, a subsidised canteen and an 8% non-contributory pension.
The Job Description and Person Specification can be viewed under 'Relevant Documents' above.